Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Even More Zero Tolerance Insanity

Not just Delaware- NY too.
And this kid did not even bring the "weapon" out of his car.

But the dream could be in jeopardy, thanks to a two-inch pocket knife that officials at Lansingburgh Senior High School found in Matthew's locked car last month.  The pocket knife was a gift from his grandfather, Robert Whalen, who's the Hoosick Falls Police Chief.  Matthew says he kept the knife in a side compartment and never tried showing it off or threatening anyone with it.  Instead it was a part of the survival kit that was his car.
"My car is designed in a way that if I ever broke down, I'd be OK," Whalen explains.  "I have a sleeping bag.  I have bottled water.  I have an MRE.  I believe it's better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not have it."


http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=11283345

No comments:

Post a Comment